IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WWE SENIORS TOUR !
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:38 pm 

Jump on board the WWE Seniors Tour and you'll see 50 year old Undertaker VS Brock Lesner in the main event of Hell in a Cell, 48 year old Kane VS Seth Rollins for the WWE World Heavyweight title, 44 year old Bubba Ray Dudley and 43 year old D Von Dudley challenging the New Day for the World Tag Team titles. 38 year old John Cena is the new US champion and the youngster of the group is 31 year old Kevin Owens as the new Intercontinental champion.

Don't forget to bring the arthritis medication, prunes and rocking chairs with you to the next WWE Live Event in your area !

Post subject: Re: WWE SENIORS TOUR !
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Seriously ? 38 and 31 is too old to have fake wrestling matches ? Who cares ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 pm 

Jack wrote:
Seriously ? 38 and 31 is too old to have fake wrestling matches ? Who cares ?

Jack, I included them because they just won the belts at Night of Champions.

I honestly believe John Cena is having better matches at his age, and that WWE wants him to break Ric Flair's record of 16 world titles. And Kevin Owens is just entering his prime earning years as a wrestler. I hope he is a future WWE World Champion because he is that good a heel.

I think the powers that be in WWE should care about how old the people at the top of the card are because they haven't done a great job at pushing younger people for the future. It's the main reason that they are still bringing back guys like Undertaker for WrestleMania every year. Soon, Undertaker will be retired, and so will 56 year old Sting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:17 pm 

A draw is a draw brother.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:09 pm 

In My Head wrote:
A draw is a draw brother.

Agreed, but WWE can only go the well for not too much longer, especially when 56 year old Sting suffered a serious neck injury from a Turnbuckle Bomb and Kane used the Drag Me to Hell thing with Seth Rollins.

Also, didn't Seth Rollins being scared of the Demon Kane remind anyone of that stupid episode of Raw in which new WWE Champion Daniel Bryan and his wife Brie Bella were stuck in a cheap horror movie running from the same Demon Kane?

The point is, I'm 49 years old and have been watching wrestling since I was 8 years old. I've seen a lot of wrestling in that time, and I can honestly say that the wrestling that I'm seeing in 2015 is, without question, the weakest, if only because WWE keeps pushing, or bringing back, older stars to put into the main event picture because they do not push the talented mid card talent to the main events.

To your point, a draw is a draw. however, many of these draws are gong to retire, or should retire before they suffer more serious injuries (STING) and where will that leave them, and us the fans, when we're stuck watching a card of mid card talents that we don't care about and haven't been conditioned to believe are main eventers.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:43 pm 

Bret Hart was around 40 in 1997 at his peak, DDP was near 40 at his peak, Flair in his 40s still had a lot to offer age doesn't matter if you're over, The turnbuckle spot with Sting was stupid regardless of his age there is no way any wrestler can protect themselves on that move

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:13 pm 

Changed Man wrote:
Bret Hart was around 40 in 1997 at his peak, DDP was near 40 at his peak, Flair in his 40s still had a lot to offer age doesn't matter if you're over, The turnbuckle spot with Sting was stupid regardless of his age there is no way any wrestler can protect themselves on that move

I completely agree with your assessment of the Turnbuckle Bomb. I think WWE should seriously consider banning the move because of your point about wrestlers not being able to protect themselves.

Also, it's not a coincidence that Bret, DDP and Flair all worked for WCW because WCW (Eric Bischoff) hired ex-WCW stars instead of pushing their mid card talent (who subsequently went to WWE and became stars, like Jericho, Austin, Eddie Guerro etc.) Come to think of it, it reminds me of the phrase 'those who don't learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.' I think it applies to WWE in 2015.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:56 pm 

You're right in theory Stephen, but at the same time New Day going over the established team helps them, Seth going over established Sting helps him. etc.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:39 am 

In My Head wrote:
You're right in theory Stephen, but at the same time New Day going over the established team helps them, Seth going over established Sting helps him. etc.

Agreed.

I believe Sting and the Dudleys share the view that at this point in their careers, they don't need that one last run as champions, especially if it comes at the expense of younger talents.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:53 am 

The reactions that Austin and The Undertaker just received on RAW tonight to open the show illustrates how those guys are so more over with the crowd than anyone in the WWE today. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is. WWE does such a bad job utilizing its main roster.

B. Spec_Productions, Inc. - Be Spectacular
"The Captain Of Her Heart" - Double (1985)
http://www.youtube.com/MrBrightWave
http://www.youtube.com/SpectacularSunset
IYH is bringing the moniker, professional wrestling, back to form!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:55 pm 

See my new post on BREAKING NEWS for an example of how bad WWE utilizes their own world champion. It's a good thing the baseball playoffs were on last night because I needed something else to watch to help me make it through this show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:21 pm 

Another record low Raw rating. Ouch. People just aren't liking the current product, I for one watch out of habbit and mostly forward wind.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:09 pm 

I used to go out of my way to watch Monday Night Raw live every Monday Night during the two hour show era. Now, with three hours, it is very hard for me to watch the show live, especially since most shows begin with one or more people walking to the ring, holding microphones, and talking for an entire segment. I HATE HATE HATE most scripted promos on Raw and wish the talent had more leeway to improvise their promos.