IYH Wrestling

Message Board
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Last two of their era?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 am 

Undertaker and HHH are the last of their era? Isn't that kind of insulting to people like Big Show, Mark Henry.....and KANE?

Why the hell does ANYONE have to end the streak anyways? Taker belongs in a Marvel comic book man! He's the DEAD MAN! The way i've understood it for all these years is that Taker is already dead. Don't see why he can't just retire in his coffin, wake up and come tombstone some jobber to hell every now and then. If ANYONE should be putting away Taker, it should be KANE! Taker tombstone's em and Kane drags em to hell. Both of them can have happy retirements.

Besides, i'm gonna feel just as bad when Kane can't do it anymore.

Fuck HHH.

Brothers of Destruction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm 

it's unfortunate of them to talk this way since they are talking about hhh and taker coming up through territories getting trained well and vince killed the territories they shouldn't even go there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:33 pm 

It's just a damn story line. Stop being so hyper sensative.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:36 pm 

Welcome to IYH. Also, there's more if you include the TNA guys (forgot if you said them). Also, Team Fortress 2. 8-) :oops:

"After our match at Wrestlemania, Undertaker, the only 'streak' that'll be left is in your underpants." - CM Punk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 pm 

reality wrote:
It's just a damn story line. Stop being so hyper sensative.

them killing the territories and leaving 6the bussiness wiith out the infrastructure to sustain it was real

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm 

Oh who cares? I am sure they would rather be working in front of 100 idiots and blading their heads instead of working in front of million for WWE.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:36 am 

the wwe has failed to produce anyone to face Taker so they do HHH/Taker III.... its sad.

Im intersted in the match and to see if Taker ever comes back. The Streak shouldnt end but it shouldnt become a joke either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 am 

Taso The Greek wrote:
the wwe has failed to produce anyone to face Taker so they do HHH/Taker III.... its sad.

Im intersted in the match and to see if Taker ever comes back. The Streak shouldnt end but it shouldnt become a joke either.

I disagree They have people who could face Undertaker. YOu could do Mark Henry again, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, etc but now everyone wants that big epic match up for Taker and for some reason they assume Triple H is that guy and I really don't think he is.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 am 

xtremefalls43 wrote:
Taso The Greek wrote:

I disagree They have people who could face Undertaker. YOu could do Mark Henry again, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, etc but now everyone wants that big epic match up for Taker and for some reason they assume Triple H is that guy and I really don't think he is.

His point most likely was that wwe have failed to build any of their present stars to the status where there might even be a miniscule chance of taker being defeated. So it kind of defeats the purpose to look forward to the match when you know that there is no chance of taker's streak being in danger. And who wants to see henry-taker. As good as Henry was this past few months, he is still a shitty wrestler. So atleast make an effort to understand what is being posted.

Post subject: Last two of their era?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 pm 

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way but when I look at this match I see 2 older guys saying they are the last of an era and it's time to pass the torch. This match to me just seems like they are going to step out of the way and let the younger talent take over. Both the setting of the match and the type of match make me think this way. I hope they do step back and push the younger guys. Anyone who watches FCW knows there is a lot of great talent waiting to be pushed up to the main roster.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:43 pm 

reality wrote:
Oh who cares? I am sure they would rather be working in front of 100 idiots and blading their heads instead of working in front of million for WWE.

the wwe cares that's who cares by doing this storyline they are even admitting that better workers came out of the territory system ; therefor is it not in their best interest to stay away from such an admission

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:04 pm 

I think they could have done something special with Zigler or Rhodes to build them to a wrestlemania match up with Taker. Even Miz. They have the ability to make someone seem credible. To make someone seem like a threat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:42 pm 
Site Admin

They might have been able to, but they really haven't. I like both Ziggler and Cody, but everytime they start seeming like something special it seems they cut them back down a few notches. It seems they do that with everyone. They pushed Henry bigger than I ever thought possible then went through a series of actions to keep cutting him down for some reason. It's almost like they want a big mass of people at the same level.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:59 pm 

theindiandude2008 wrote:
His point most likely was that wwe have failed to build any of their present stars to the status where there might even be a miniscule chance of taker being defeated. So it kind of defeats the purpose to look forward to the match when you know that there is no chance of taker's streak being in danger. And who wants to see henry-taker. As good as Henry was this past few months, he is still a shitty wrestler. So atleast make an effort to understand what is being posted.

I know but they have built present star and Henry is a good wrestler and has been for quiet sometime if he wasn't he would have NEVER been able to pull of the Hall of Pain Gimmick.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

I wasn't looking forward to the match when we first heard about it. But, I really liked the HBK HHH segment. This week's HHH Taker segment started really rough but ended up good stuff. I am liking the angle.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 am 

I think it's a fair statement. They are the last two of their level from that era. I'd say that group is Austin, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Shawn Micheals, Mick Foley and possibly Kurt Angle depending of when you think the Attitude era ended. Guys like Kane and Mark Henry aren't really on that same level.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:44 pm 

theindiandude2008 wrote:
xtremefalls43 wrote:
Taso The Greek wrote:

indian dude got it right, XT gets it wrong again... and seriously XT.... Wade Barrett Mark Henry?? evenb Dolph Ziggler has become almost a punchline when you look at everyone on that roster, with very few exceptions, they are all mid-carders. Jack hits the nail on the head. They are all on the same level. and none of them would have a "chance" against Taker.

HHH vs Undertaker- good promo at the end there, but the match itself should have been a retirement match in a Hell in a Cell. there should be clear and defined linnes with this match as it is the only thing in WWE that really has any mre4aning or worrth since all the titles have basically become worthless.